If you are suffering from injuries that resulted from a dangerous condition existing on another person’s property, you should consider contacting an experienced Long Island premises liability attorney to assist you. A premises liability lawyer can evaluate your case and determine whether you have a claim for damages.
Understanding Premises Liability Law
Before anything else, understand what premises liability law covers and what your rights are. When you file a premises liability suit, you are telling the court that you are an injured party and wish to recover financial compensation from the owner or manager of the property where the dangerous condition that caused your injury exists.
Asking for Referrals
Look for an experienced Long Island premises liability lawyer to help you. Ask for referrals from your friends and family members. If no one has any suggestions contact your local bar association for assistance.
Interviewing Your Prospects
Once you’ve found a suitable Long Island premises liability attorney, be sure to interview them. During the interview, ask them the following:
• What law school did you attend?
• When did you pass the bar?
• How long have you specialized in premises liability law?
• How many cases have you won or successfully defended?
• What is your method of compensation?
• Have you ever handled any similar cases as mine? If so, did you receive a favorable outcome? If not, why?
• Can you please give me past client referrals?
• May I contact these references?
Always make sure that your chosen Long Island premises liability lawyer has the necessary credentials. Confirm that he is familiar with premises liability law and that he has the experience needed to adequately defend your case. Also make sure that you are comfortable with his personality and litigation style.
While finding a quality Long Island premises liability lawyer takes some time and effort, it will be worth it in the end if you are granted maximum compensation.