Have You Been Injured Due To Landlord Negligence?
Landlord Negligence occurs when landlords or supers neglect their duty in maintaining their property. Landlords who own and manage property have a responsibility to you. It is not uncommon for landlords or supers to neglect this duty and have inadequate security or dangerous conditions on their premises. The Law Offices of Mark E. Weinberger represent victims of inadequate security and landlord negligence.
To be held responsible for an injury on the premises, the landlord or property manager must have been negligent in maintaining the property, and that negligence must have caused the injury. All of the following must be proven for a landlord to be held liable:
- It was the landlord’s responsibility to maintain the portion of premises that caused the accident.
- The landlord failed to take reasonable steps to avert the accident.
- Fixing the problem (or at least giving adequate warnings) would not have been unreasonably expensive or difficult.
- A serious injury was the probable consequence of not fixing the problem (the accident was foreseeable).
- The landlord’s failure — his negligence — caused the tenant’s accident.
- The tenant was genuinely hurt.
The insurance company’s attorney’s main goal is to shift responsibility away from their client. (The Property owner or manager) The last thing they want is for you to collect on the policy they hold on the negligent party. In short, their job is to see you are NOT compensated. Our job is to protect you from them, preserve your rights & see that you get the MAXIMUM amount for your injuries.
Success Record in Proving Landlord Negligence Claims
$1,570,000 – Scalding Hot Water in Bath burned 1 yr. old infant.Underwent reconstructive plastic surgery.Landlord,Building Management & Plumbing co. held responsible.
$1.5 Million – For Tenant sexually assaulted in Apt. buildings incinerator room – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Inadequate Security in high crime area.
$1,040,000 – For broken foot and herniated disc injuries from slip and fall due to crack in commercial building stairway.
$960,000- Landlord,Plumbing Company & Nursing Agency held responsible for 88 yr. old senior citizen suffering 2nd degree burns in scalding hot shower.
$540,000 – For slip and fall injury on slippery floor in hospital.
$500,000 – For Inadequate Security – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder caused by witnessing mother pistol whipped and robbed by intruder in Apt building lobby.
* This is attorney advertising, past results are no guarantee of future success.