Have You Been Injured Due To Landlord Negligence?
Landlord Negligence occurs when landlords or supers neglect their duty in maintaining their property. Landlords who own and manage property have a responsibility to you to maintain the property and prevent any potential injury that could be sustained due to old floors, walls, pipes, appliances etc. It is not uncommon for landlords or supers to neglect this duty and have inadequate security or dangerous living conditions on their premises. Our personal injury lawyers are experienced in dealing with these cases of inadequate security and landlord negligence.
What Are Your Tenant Rights in New York?
To be held responsible for an injury on the premises, the landlord or property manager must have been negligent in maintaining the property, and that negligence must have caused the injury.
What is Considered Landlord Negligence?
In order for it an injury to be considered the fault of the premises or its landlord:
- It was the landlord’s responsibility to maintain the portion of premises that caused the accident.
- The landlord failed to take reasonable steps to prevent the accident.
- Fixing the problem (or at least giving adequate warnings) would not have been unreasonably expensive or difficult.
- A serious injury was the probable consequence of not fixing the problem (the accident was foreseeable).
- The landlord’s failure — his negligence — caused the tenant’s accident.
- The tenant was genuinely hurt.
The insurance company’s attorney’s main goal is to shift responsibility away from their client (the property owner or manager). The last thing they want is for you to collect on the policy they hold on the negligent party. In short, their job is to see you are not compensated. Our job is to protect you from them, preserve your rights & see that you get the maximum amount for your injuries.
Our Success Record in Landlord Tenant Court in NYC
- $1,570,000 – Scalding Hot Water in Bath burned 1 year old infant. Underwent reconstructive plastic surgery. Landlord, building Management & Plumbing co. held responsible.
- $1.5 Million – For tenant sexually assaulted in apartment buildings incinerator room – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Inadequate security in high crime area.
- $1,040,000 – For broken foot and herniated disc injuries from slip and fall due to crack in commercial building stairway.
- $920,000 – Settlement during re-trial for a woman who suffered second degree burns due to being accidentally pushed into a stainless steel gas burning corn roaster at a concert.
- $960,000– Landlord, plumbing company and nursing agency held responsible for 88 year old senior citizen suffering 2nd degree burns in scalding hot shower.
- $540,000 – For slip and fall injury on slippery floor in hospital.
- $500,000 – For Inadequate Security – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder caused by witnessing mother pistol whipped and robbed by intruder in apartment building lobby.
* This is attorney advertising, past results are no guarantee of future success.
Wondering How to Sue Your Landlord?
If you’ve been injured due to landlord negligence and want a free consultation from some of the best landlord tenant lawyers in the NYC area, call us at (855) 639-5295 or fill out a contact form here.
Landlord Negligence Attorneys Serving The Greater New York City Area
The law offices of Mark E. Weinberger P.C. are located in Rockville Centre, NY. Our team of personal injury attorneys fights for personal injury settlements in NYC, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Long Island, Nassau County, Suffolk County, and surrounding greater New York City areas.