New York & Long Island Premises Liability Attorneys
The Law Offices of Mark E. Weinberger P.C. are expert New York premises liability lawyers, helping premises liability victims obtain maximum results for over 30 years. If you’ve been injured on someone else’s property contact our offices for a free consultation with one of our premises liability attorneys.
What is Premises Liability?
Premises liability law is the body of law which makes owners of land or premises responsible for injuries suffered by people who are present on the premises.
So, if you have been injured on another person’s property, that person can be held responsible for you and your safety. Whether the accident occurred at a store, home, office or commercial building, you have legal rights. If you’ve been injured in an accident away from your home you may have a premises liability claim.
The Difficulty in Proving Premises Liability
An insurance company’s attorney’s main goal is to shift responsibility away from their client. (The Property owner or manager) The last thing they want is for you to collect on the policy they hold on the negligent party. In short, their job is to see you are NOT compensated.
Premises liability attorneys provide legal assistance in cases of injury caused by:
- Slip and fall injuries
- Sidewalk Defects
- Falling in Potholes
- Ceiling Collapses
- Elevator Accidents
- Slippery Floors
- Scalding Water
- Steam Burns
- Stairway Falls
- Missing Handrails
Our Premises Liability Settlements & Verdicts:
- $1,570,000 – Scalding Hot Water in Bath burned 1 yr. old infant.Underwent reconstructive
plastic surgery.Landlord, Building Management & Plumbing co. held responsible.
- $1.5 Million – For Tenant sexually assaulted in Apt. buildings incinerator room – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Inadequate Security in high crime area.
- $1,040,000 – For broken foot and herniated disc injuries from slip and fall due to crack in commercial building stairway.
- $960,000– Landlord, Plumbing Company & Nursing Agency held responsible for 88 yr. old senior citizen suffering 2nd degree burns in scalding hot shower.
- $540,000 – For slip and fall injury on slippery floor in hospital.
- $500,000 – For Inadequate Security – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder caused by witnessing mother pistol whipped and robbed by intruder in Apt building lobby.
* This is attorney advertising, past results are no guarantee of future success.
If you believe you’re victim of premise liability negligence in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Suffolk County or surrounding New York City areas, contact our law offices for your free premises liability consultation today.
Premises Liability Attorneys Serving The Greater New York City Area
The law offices of Mark E. Weinberger P.C. are located in Rockville Centre, NY. Our team of personal injury attorneys fights for personal injury settlements in NYC, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Long Island, Nassau County, Suffolk County, and surrounding greater New York City areas.