If a property owner or manager's negligent failure to provide adequate security has caused you an injury, you may be entitled to monetary compensation through an inadequate security claim. Inadequate security can facilitate assault, armed robbery, rape and kidnapping.
A number of conditions can contribute to inadequate security. The most common are:
- Insufficient lighting
- Poorly trained security personnel
- Hiring people unsuitable for security positions
- Failure to do background checks on personnel
- Security practices disproportionate to size of property
- Failure to install functional locks and security codes
- Failure to substantially address any increase in criminal activity
- Malfunctioning security equipment.
Inadequate Security Makes Crime Possible Anywhere
Inadequate security conditions could arise in stores, malls, shopping centers, amusement parks, restaurants, bars, hotels, motels, campuses, apartment complexes-in short, anywhere.
Compensation for Victims of Violent Crimes Facilitated by Inadequate Security
Bringing a valid inadequate security claim with the help of a Long Island inadequate security lawyer can help victims of crimes obtain financial compensation for:
- Hospitalization, physical therapy, psychological counseling and all other medical bills
- Emotional suffering
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capability
- Loss of companionship if crime resulted in wrongful death
Hire an Experienced Long Island Inadequate Security Lawyer Now!
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury caused by inadequate security, it is important to get in touch with an experienced Long Island inadequate security lawyer at once. Evidence at the scene of the crime will have to be collected, and there is a statute of limitations that prevents you from taking legal action after a certain amount of time has passed since the date of the crime.