Motorcycle accidents happen no matter how safe people try to be. Statistics show that the number of motorcycle accidents increases yearly, while insurance companies often will use their own terms against the victim in settling their cases. This is why you need an experienced New York motorcycle accident lawyer such as Mark E. Weinberger, to help you protect your rights and receive the compensation you deserve.
Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can be traumatic, and motorists could suffer a number of injuries, including:
- Brain damage and concussion.
- Breakage of joints. This includes shoulders, knees, hips, wrists and elbows. In some instances it can be spine, neck, and fingers.
- Damage to muscles, skin, and other soft tissues. Road rash occurs as body slides along the road.
- Biker’s arm. If upper arm nerves are affected during the fall, this can cause a permanent paralysis in one’s arm.
- Facial disfiguration. Usually in the chin area, if a motorcycle accident victim’s face comes in violent contact with the road and any hard object.
- Organ damage and fracture.
- Fetal loss. This possibility is for pregnant women riders.
A New York Motorcycle accident lawyer looks at some factors before pursuing your claim.
Motorcycle Accident Claims
With motorcycle accidents, medical bills and other consequential costs appear soon one is experiencing financial losses. A New York motorcycle accident attorney can help you with those financial costs. In addition he could help you get compensation for emotional and physical pain, loss of pleasure of life, and lost income. Although you may be partly at fault in the accident, you are still entitled to be financially compensated.
Insurance companies look for ways to speed up your insurance claim. Without a motorcycle accident attorney to assist you, all your claims will be settled at once, based on the terms of your insurance company.
Essential Factors on Pursuing Motorcycle Accidents Claim
Pursuing your case is not a good idea if one has done the injury intentionally due to suicidal reasons and insurance claims. Driving under the influence of liquor, drugs, and other substances can prevent the motorcycle victim from pursuing a case. In the same manner, one is not entitled to file a claim if the accident happened while he or she is beating the red light, avoiding police arrest, driving a stolen vehicle, and others.
Hiring a New York Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The best thing for you to do in case of a motorcycle accident is to contact a New York motorcycle accident lawyer such as Mark E. Weinberger. The attorneys at The Law Offices of Mark E. Weinberger P.C. will give you the professional advice you need, represent you in court, and sees to it that all your interests and rights are protected, including securing an adequate and fair settlement for your injury.