When you are involved in an automotive accident, having the right team to consult can be vital. Consulting a New York automobile accident lawyer will benefit you regardless of the exact situation that you are facing, simply because it will behoove you to have access to a legal team during the resolution process.
Why You Need a New York Automobile Accident Lawyer
When you become involved in an automotive collision, you may suddenly find that you are in a “he said, she said” situation with the other involved parties. This is the greatest reason for why having an attorney on your side is essential. The legal battle that may ensue following an automobile accident can be tedious and overwhelming, especially when you do not have anyone on your side to help you through it.
When you hire a New York automobile accident lawyer, you are bringing someone to the table that can fight for your rights and provide you with the legal knowledge and understanding that you need. If you are taking the other involved party to court regarding your automobile accident, it will benefit you significantly to have an experienced automobile accident attorney on your side throughout the entire legal process.
Benefits of Working with a New York Automobile Accident Attorney
Automotive accident attorneys are well versed in lawsuits with a specialty in accident law. Hiring a qualified accident attorney is going to be the best way to ensure you have the right legal knowledge and background on your side.
- The opposing party will probably hire their own attorney, which means you will already be at a disadvantage if you do not have a skilled and experienced New York automobile accident lawyer at your table.
- You may not be able to take the case to court without an attorney. Your attorney is who is going to open up opportunities for you to receive the compensation that you deserve. Your attorney will be able to help you settle out of court or take your case to court depending on the situation.
- Your attorney will be able to pour over your case and tell you exactly where you stand. If you do not have a case, if your case needs more evidence or information, or if you have a strong case, your attorney will be able to tell you where you stand. He or she will also be able to help you formulate a game plan for winning your case and obtaining the compensation that you deserve.
Consulting a New York Attorney
There are a number of questions that you will want to ask your New York automobile accident lawyer. Here are some of the top questions that you may have:
1. Do I have a case? Find out early on what kind of a chance you stand in court. If your lawyer does not feel you will win, they should let you know. If you do have a case to sue, or to settle out of court, they will help you win. Ask approximately how long the battle may take, as well.
2. How much am I owed? Find out about financial compensation for injuries, damage to your vehicle and property damage. Your lawyer should be able to tell you approximately how much you can win.
3. Is settling a better option? Sometimes settling out of court is cheaper than taking it to court, but you will require the assistance of an attorney either way. Find out if settling is simply the better option.
Contact the New York automobile accident lawyers at The Law Offices of Mark E. Weinberger for a free consultation today. We have over 30 years of experience in obtaining results for accident victims in New York, and will do our best to get you the resolution you deserve.