Slip and Fall Lawyers of NYC
The Law Offices of Mark E. Weinberger P.C. has a team of skilled and aggressive slip and fall attorneys who help uphold the legal rights of clients injured in slip and fall accidents. Loss of earnings, medical expenses, pain and suffering due to your slip and fall accident may be eligible for financial compensation.
What is a “Slip and Fall?” lawsuit?
Slip and fall is a type of personal injury case in which someone slips, trips and falls, and is hurt on another person’s property. These cases normally fall under the broader premises liability category because slip and fall accidents usually happen on premises owned or maintained by someone else, and the landlord or property owner may be held legally responsible.
Hazardous conditions such as cracked floors, torn carpeting, poor lighting, narrow stairs, or a wet floor can cause someone to slip, trip and fall while inside a building. Other examples of slip and fall accidents include tripping on broken or cracked public sidewalks, or tripping and falling on escalators. Furthermore, a slip and fall case might result from slipping or tripping due to rain, ice, snow or a hidden hazard such as a pothole.
Proving Slip and Fall Liability
There is no exact procedure to determine if a property owner is legally responsible for your slip/trip and fall injuries. The course of a slip/trip and fall injury case depends on the degree of care the property owner exercised to prevent such accidents from occurring, and whether you exercised a reasonable amount of caution yourself.
Here are some basic rules to help determine if someone else was at fault for your slip/trip and fall injury:
- The cause of the accident was a dangerous condition that the property owner created
- The owner knew of the dangerous condition but failed to correct it in a timely manner
- The dangerous condition must present a risk to the person on the property that the person cannot have anticipated under the circumstances.
The Importance of an Experienced Slip and Fall Lawyer
If you find yourselves the victim of a slip and fall accident on someone else’s property, it is vital for you to hire an experienced slip and fall lawyer. Since slip and fall cases can get very complicated, a top personal injury lawyer can help you by meticulously investigating every detail of your slip and fall accident to identify the liable parties. Upon identifying those responsible, the slip and fall lawyer will aggressively fight for your claim to compensation until you recover all the damage awards you are entitled to.
Our personal injury lawyers have an impressive record of winning favorable verdicts and huge slip and fall settlements:
- $1,040,000 for broken foot and herniated disc injuries from slip and fall due to crack in commercial building stairway.
- $700,000 – Trip & fall caused by crack in Gas Station driveway requiring multiple surgeries for woman’s ankle ligament repair.
- $540,000 for slip and fall injury on slippery floor in hospital
* This is attorney advertising, past results are no guarantee of future success.
Contact our team of personal injury attorneys today for a free review of your slip and fall case.
Slip and Fall Attorneys Serving The Greater New York City Area
The law offices of Mark E. Weinberger P.C. are located in Rockville Centre, NY. Our team of personal injury attorneys fights for personal injury settlements in NYC, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Long Island, Nassau County, Suffolk County, and surrounding greater New York City areas.